The pros and cons of both laboratory and field experiments.
- Easier to control variable which means that findings are more likely to be due to the independent variable rather than extraneous variables.
- They are easier to replicate due to exact conditions being controlled.
- Being able to accurately reproduce the study can improve its reliability.
- Due to the artificial environment these studies may lack ecological validity.
- More ecological validity due to subjects being in their natural environment.
- Variables are harder to control so results and anomalies may be influenced by extraneous variables.
- Harder to replicate due to changes in the environment and participants.
- Reliability is threatened due to inability to replicate the study exactly.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;