- As soon as you get the adult chickens, introduce them to the place where they will stay. Make sure food and water are available at all times.
- I suggest you have the coop either in a large, in closed area where they each have enough room to Rome around. The size will vary depending on the number of chickens you have. My other suggestion is that you let them out free range, just make sure they have a secure place the sleep in.
- If you have hens and roosters, you must have either a pair, or more hens than roosters. Never have more roosters than hens.
- If you choose to leave them in the coop 24/7, in must have a run attached. (a chicken run in an enclosed area where the chicken/s can scratch around for bugs and other things) Have the run be at least 10 sq. feet per bird.
- When their food runs out, give them more food. When their water runs out, give them water. They will eat and drink whenever they are hungry or thirsty.