A simple explanation of why Physics, pronounced as one of the hardest courses in high school is actually hard.
Image by Wonderlane via Flickr
If you are in high school or have taken it, you probably know that Physics has to be one of the most challenging courses throughout the entire year, (especially if your not good at math). I personally have found Physics an extremely stressful course, as I don’t have much of a strength in the area of mathematics.
Over the years, i’ve said and even many others have said (including my physics teacher) that physics is truly an academic course that requires a lot of critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems involving math. Heres why i believe that physics is so hard:
- Physics is literally the branch of science that combines biology and chemistry together. (Think of it like the Big One out of the 3)
- It deals with many aspect involved in current life, such as the gravitational pull of the earth, to the forces that we experience every day, to the light and electromagnetic that has helped improve daily life.
- It involves a high amount of critical thinking and math ability.
- Many units such as light and electromagnetic are extremely difficult to understand as you progress further into higher education.
- It is the subject that is required by many universities if you are going into science (making it stressful to obtain a high mark).
Now even though to me physics is extremely challenging, it can be quite easy if you are able to understand and master the key concepts.
Some tips to help you out include:
- Pay attention in class. [Seriously, I know how boring the classes are, but if you pay attention and think for a bit in class, you'll have an easier time answering questions and will be more prepared for the tests[
- Ask Questions! [Really, if you don't get it, Ask It! Its that simple and will help improve your mark!]
- Do YAh Homework! [I can't stress this enough, i didn't do any homework and i didn't get a high mark. More practice = higher grades = one happy student!]
- Search it Up! [That's right! If you don't get a certain topic, go to the internet and search it up! Don't leave it until the last minute when you have a test!]
- Ask people for help! [Holy Gaileo! Ask some people for help if you don't get it.]
- Memorize main concepts! [Physics is big. Physics is strong. Don't memorize everything, just the main ideas and formulas!]
- All else fails, just look the book over. Apply some common sense and hope for the best!
~Seriously, I’m Rising~