Water Powered Rocket.
Today I will be teaching you how to create a water powered rocket. For all you who don’t know, the materials and equipment that are required to create this are:
- 2 Liter Bottle
- Bike Pump(Mandatory)
- A Rubber Stopper (or any other material that will block of the opening in the bottle so no liquid escapes.)
- A pump pin(used to pump balls)
Now that you know all the materials and equipment necessary now all you have to do is put it together and hope it works. Keep reading to find out how to put it together.
- First force the pump pin through the rubber stopper before it is placed in the opening of the bottle.
- Now place a small amount of water in the 2L bottle.
- Now close the opening of the 2L bottle with the rubber stopper and attach the pump to the end of the pin.
- I would recommend that you have some way to keep the bottle facing up toward the sky before you continue. Balance it so that when the bottle is being pumped with air that it doesn’t lose balance and come flying at you. It’s best to create a stand out of something. When I first did the experiment it was in winter. I needed it for a project so I used the the snow as my stand for the bottle.
- Now once you have a balanced bottle begin pumping air into the bottle through the use of pump and the pump pin. Once enough pressure builds up the pressure will cause the bottle to release from the rubber stopper and start to sore through the air. If water is in the bottle it should go higher then if water was not in the bottle.
The rest of the materials are straight forward.
Rubber Stopper Pump Pump Pins
Enjoy! Thanks for listening! This is an awesome science experiment!