A brief explanation on whether Teleportation is still a Sci-Fi idea or a very near invention, read on!
The idea of teleportation looks fascinating. Imagine you could get anywhere, whenever you want to.
Most of the population still doesn’t know if it’s still a Sci-Fi idea or it is turning into reality. We will be discussing this in the article, and the Pros and Cons of it being invented and used worldwide.
Teleportation has been a basic elements in all Sci-Fi movies, ie: Star Trek, and widly used in-games.
In the late five years, some scientists were definitely able to teleport information from one atom to another.
 Scientists managed to teleport information from one atom to another from a distance of about one meter. While this isn’t really getting us much closer to the ‘Star Trek‘-like ability to beam people around the universe, it does allow for instantaneous transmission of information without it passing through physical space. Previously, similar accomplishments have been made with photons (the basic unit of light) and between nearby atoms with the assistance of a third, but these have not proven useful for the long-term storageand long-distance transmission of information.
This breakthrough was accomplished using a phenomena known as quantum entanglement. Atomic and sub-atomic particles can be entangled, meaning their states (such as spin or polarization) are linked, regardless of distance and obstacles. The state is unknowable until a measurement of either particle is made, but once the state of one particle is measured the state of the other is instantly determined.
So for now, Teleporting isn’t a close invention, nor just a dream; Scientists are doing their best to develop this technology, over larger bodies and masses and larger distances.
Let’s swich to the Pros and Cons of Teleportation:
Starting with the PROS.
- As we said it eairlier, you will be able to travel arround the world instantly whenever you feel like drinking a coffee on the London Eye or just go Torro riding in Spain.
- It can also be a solution to the heavy traffic, which the entire US (mostly) is suffering from.
- It would help humanity discover far and dangerous places, leave the planet of even the galaxy..
Associating with the Pros we have the CONS.
- LOTS of security breaches in the world. Anyone would be easily able to teleport to a military secured area for example or even assasinate an important political person.
- The invention is still to far from the reality, scientists have still a lot of work to do in their researchs..
- Teleporting “machine” would be surely very expensive, way more than the cost of sending a rocket to Mars so it will be only available for amazingly rich people and for science researchs.
- Imagine the fact two people teleport to the same place at the same time, will it cause their body structure to change? to merge?
- No More privacy! Anyone can get into your house even if you’re against it. It would just mess up everything.
- Create a proximity device which will be able to prevent teleporting to a certain area, for security reasons. Everyone will equip his house with those devices.
- Try to find a solution to the expenses (That’s pretty hard!)
- Add a cooldown time to the teleport machine and indicate the spawning place so that another machine can’t choose it.
For now, this is just total confusion whether this amazing idea will be applied one day, or not.It’s up to all of you to immagine a world with Teleportation…