A list of the tools used and thier affects. (Soda’s Online Robot Builder: http://sodaplay.com/creators/soda/items/constructor)
· Masses: Each small dot is a mass. A mass is the only completely stable part of the creation. It is the joints and body of the creation. They do not move or have any function besides holding the creation together.
· Springs: The springs are most of the creation. The springs connect each part of the robot together. These are the moving parts. These are the parts that are affected by the physics tools. The actions of the creations are dependent on the spring structures.
- Gravity: UP/Down, gravity will change the force of gravity. When the gravity is towards UP the creation will float to the top. When the gravity is moved towards Down the creation will be pushed to the ground depending how much Down Gravity there is.
- Friction: Friction is how much pressure it takes for one object to slide past another. The more friction there is the harder it is for the creation to function. The less friction the creation has makes it freer and easier to move around.
- Springiness: This is for how tight the springs are. If the springiness is set to loose the creation will not move as well because the springs are not tight enough to shoot out far. If the springiness is set to tight then the creations springs will spread out far.
- Speed: The speed the creations springs will pump. Slower and longer or fast and choppy.
- Amplitude: The force the springs will move at. High will make your springs shoot out forcefully and be drawn in at the same speed and low will make your creation barely move.