Mr. Joe opens up a pizza place. These are some basic math problems that Mr. Joe, the owner, might deal with, while keeping the pizza place going.
Mr. Joe opens a pizza place. His pizza parlor is in a great location, near other stores, the hospital, the public library, and a few schools. Mr. Joe expects his business to do well. He gets to his shop at 7am in the morning, because he gets a bread delivery.
Mr. Joe gives the bread delivery guy $75 and two large pizzas, plus a few flyers, for 150 rolls and 20 loaves of Italian bread. The delivery guy gives Mr. Joe $20 for ten of his delicious Italian egg sandwiches, and waits for these to be made.
1) How much do these Italian egg sandwiches cost the bread delivery guy?
The lunch truck arrives while this order is taking place. Mr. Joe gives the bread delivery guy a small peanut butter and jelly pizza, plus the ten egg sandwiches, and the bakery delivery person leaves. The lunch truck owner wants 100 Italian egg sandwiches, and 20 big Italian meatball heroes, plus four pepperoni pizzas. Mr. Joe makes these for Sam, the lunch truck driver, while Sam eats a big plate of zeppoles, free of charge.
2) The egg sandwiches cost Sam $1.50 each, the 20 meatball heroes cost $3.50 each, and the pepperoni pizzas cost $6 each – how much is Sam spending at Mr. Joe’s on food to stock his lunch truck?
3) How much money will Mr. Joe receive from the sale of Italian egg sandwiches to Sam?
4) How much money will the pizza place owner receive from the lunch truck driver for the sale of the meatball heroes?
5) If the meatball heroes each use 1/2 loaf of bread, and 20 meatball heroes were made, how many loaves of bread did Mr. Joe use to make Sam’s heroes?
The building that the pizza place is in is a really nice one, it’s brand-new looking, and everyone really likes the location, including Mr. Joe, who hopes that the $1400 per month isn’t too much to be able to afford.
6) Mr. Joe leases the pizza place for $1400 per month, and gets one month of rent free every year. How much money does Mr. Joe spend on rent for this pizza place every year?
Mr. Joe offers a $3.50 lunch deal to the customers at his pizza place. This lunch special is – a pizza slice, a fountain drink, and two zeppoles.
7) How many $3.50 lunch deals must Mr. Joe sell in order to earn $1400?
Mr. Joe gets an advance order from the public library for eleven $8 pizzas, to be delivered. How much will Joe earn for the pizzas?
9) The delivery guy receives a $5 tip for delivering the pizzas. Does he have enough money to buy a pizza?
During the month of September, Mr. Joe sells 500 lunch deals to customers at his pizza place.
10) The lunch deals cost $3.50 each. How much money did Joe receive for the lunch deals?
5) 10 loaves of bread
9) No, the delivery driver needs $8 to buy a pizza, and he only has $5.