Where the Red River intersects the communities of Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo, you can expect an upscale, metropolitan adventure honed with a profound sense of history.
Forness Log Cabin: Patterned after the ranch style log cabins of the Nineteenth Century, this house was moved from rural Fargo and is one of Bonanzaville’s first buildings.
Furnberg Store: This building was built in the late 1800s by Christian Furnberg near the train stop at Osgood, ND. The store provided settlers with necessary supplies and also served as a post office. The store closed in 1953 after nearly 75 years in business.
Habberstad Cabin: Built by a group of Finnish settlers in 1874, it was previously located northeast of Kindred, ND, on the Sheyenne River.
Hagen House: Built by Martin Hagen in 1897 near Horace, ND. Four generations lived here without electricity or indoor plumbing. Of note is the summer kitchen behind the house.
Houston House: This beautiful bonanza farm house was built in 1881 by David Houston south of Hunter, ND at a cost of $7,000. Houston was a Scottish immigrant, farmer, poet, and inventor of the roll film camera. This was truly an elegant home for its time with maple floors, cherry and oak wainscoting, walnut stairs, and large bay windows.
Hunter Times: Originally from Hunter, ND, the newspaper flourished until the 1940s. Among the machinery on display here is a strip casting machine, hand-operated press, flatbed press, and linotype machine.
Kathryn Depot: This building is home to the Spud Valley Model Railroad Club which operates a model railroad inside.
Harness Shop: From Addison, ND, this building was used for harness repair and oiling, and horseshoe repair.
Land Office Bank: This is a reproduction of a Cogswell, ND building. The land office was where hopeful new land seekers would file their plots and after proving up their land would receive titles to their property.
Martinson Cabin: Former home of the North Dakota poet and labor organizer Henry D. Martinson.
Brass Rail Saloon and Hotel: A distinctive late Nineteenth Century small town hotel, café, and saloon from Page, ND. This building is furnished just as it was 100 years ago, without indoor plumbing.
Pioneer Fire Company: Built by area firefighters as a reproduction of a 1890s station, this building contains several hand pulled carts, one of the original horse drawn wagons of the Fargo Fire Department, and replicated living quarters upstairs.