Where the Red River intersects the communities of Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo, you can expect an upscale, metropolitan adventure honed with a profound sense of history.
Arthur Town Hall: Built in the 1890s at a cost of $1,000, the city of Arthur, ND held plays, meetings, graduations, and movies in this building. The stained glass windows are from the Little Theater Company at NDSU.
Blacksmith Shop: Originally from Tower City, ND, it includes the original furnishings and tools such as the trip hammer and forge.
Buffalo Bandstand: Bandstands, like this example from Buffalo, ND, were found in most towns in the Nineteenth Century.
Case Eagle: This 1911 eagle, known as “Old Abe,” was originally found on the former J.I. Case building on NP Avenue in Fargo.
Cass-Clay Creamery: Reproduction of a common 1920s small town creamery. Many of the furnishings are originally from the Kenmare, ND creamery– the last of its kind.
Cass County District Courthouse: The furniture displayed is from the first Cass County Courthouse and the interior is arranged as it appeared in 1904. However, this building originally served as the Hagemeister School in Berlin Township from 1930-1956.
Checkered Years Home: This home is from a bonanza farm in Mapleton Township. Mary Dodge Woodward, the first resident of the home, moved it west from St. Paul. After her death, her granddaughter compiled her diaries into a book entitled The Checkered Years, which is also for sale in the gift shop.
Dobrinz School: Built in 1895, the school served Mapleton Township well into the Twentieth Century. The school was named for John Dobrinz, a farmer who lived near the school and father of thirteen of its students.
Drug Store: The interior of this building exhibits the furnishings of the former Bjerklie Drug Store in Gilby, ND.
Embden Depot and Train Shed: The depot was built by the Northern Pacific Railroad in 1900. The train shed houses an 1883 Northern Pacific steam locomotive, caboose, Russell snow plow, and a 1930 eighty passenger coach. The water tower and column were used by the Northern States Power Plant in downtown Fargo.
Fargo’s First House: The first permanent house in the Fargo area built by immigrants in 1869 near Fourth Street and Second Avenue South. It also has served as a jail, hotel, and home to the Martin Hector Family.