The following is a list of largest lakes and islands that are situated in recursion to each other.
1. Greenland – Greenland is the largest island in the world. Actually Australia is the largest island, but as it is by itself a continent therefore Greenland is considered as the largest island in the world with an area of 2,166,086 km2. Greenland is an autonomous country under the Kingdom of Denmark that is situated on this island.
2. Caspian Sea – Caspian Sea is the largest enclosed body of water in the world therefore it is sometimes considered as the largest lake in the world with an area of 371,000 square kilometers. Geologically it is considered as a small ocean due to its massive size, salinity and other characteristics.
3. Lake Michigan-Huron – Lake Michigan-Huron is traditionally known as two separate lakes Lake Michigan and Lake Huron that are part of the five Great Lakes of North America. If we consider Caspian Sea as an ocean, Lake Michigan-Huron is the largest lake in the world with an area of 117,600 km2.
4. Nettilling Lake – Nettilling Lake is a cold fresh water lake located on the Baffin Island of Canada. It is the world’s largest lake on an island with an area of 5066 km². There are many small islands on this lake.
5. Manitoulin Island – Manitoulin Island is the largest island in a lake in the world with an area of 2,766 sq. km. This island is an Canadian island situated in Lake Huron of the Great Lakes of North America. This island itself has 108 lakes in it.
6. Samosir – Samosir is a volcanic island in Lake Toba in the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. Samosir is the largest island within an island with an area of 630 square kilometers.
7. Lake Manitou – Lake Manitou is the largest lake on Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron. It is the largest lake on an island in a lake of the world with an area of km². There are also some islands in Lake Manitou.
8. Crater Lake – Crater Lake is a lake situated on the island called Taal Volcano. Taal Volcano is a volcanic island in the Taal Lake. Taal Lake is a freshwater lake on the island of Luzon. Lozon is the largest island of the Phillipines located in the Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. Crater Lake is about 2 Km across and is the largest lake on an island in a lake on an island.
9. Island in Mindemoya Lake – Mindemoya Lake is located in Manitoulin Island (mentioned above) in Lake Huron. There is an unnamed (or name unknown to me) island in Mindemoya Lake, which is the largest island in a lake on an island in a lake.
10. Vulcan point – Vulcan point is a small volcanic island situated in Crater Lake (mentioned above). Vulcan Point is the world’s largest island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island.