The remains of the buried living beings are called Fossils. The word “Fossil” is derived from the Latin word “Fossilo”, which means “to excavate”.
That’s why the kinds of living beings that have been buried under the earth before the historical period and revealed themselves after thousand of years during the excavation of earth are called “Fossilo” such as the Fossilo of Dinosaur. Fossilo can be of both Plants and Animals. The study of these is called Paleontology.
The presence of Fossils manifests the changing geographical circumstances and tells us about the living beings present in the historical period. Such plants or animals that die due to any big climatic change and leave their imprints under the earth, all comes under the study of Paleontology.
However, according to an estimate only few kinds of animals can be Fossilize among thousand of species because of three conditions that are necessary for Fossilization.
1) The presence of the hard parts of the living being.
2) The prevention of the living being from deterioration.
3) Get buried immediately.
Such animals or plants maintain great possibilities of burial under the earth safely, which have hard body parts such as bones, teeth, shells or hard tissues of the plants. However, soft or weak body insects and jelly fish can also leave their imprints in the shape of carbon.
The second condition for fossilization is the prevention of living being from deterioration. The soft parts of the animal either get stale because of the effects of bacteria or dead meat eating animals can cause them harm.
Besides, natural forces such as rain, heat, air pressure also put adverse effects on the dead body. The animals that remain safe from the above factors can be preserved in the shape of Fossils.
Immediate burial of the living being under the earth in a suitable climate is as well important. Here, the suitable climate represents such atmosphere that can preserve the living being immediately without causing any harm to its body such as:
1) Desert animals are preserved from “Desiccation”. Such kinds of remains are called Natural Nummulties.
2) The Lava of Volcano as well provide suitable atmosphere for it.
3) Snow and Frozen Soil as well provide the best climate; even preserve the flesh of animals as well.
4) The seeping places of charcoal and oil also preserve the fossils of animals. Many of the fossils of big animals have been found at Log Angeles.
5) Many extinct insects, particularly spiders as well found in the “Amber” (the matter excreted from trees) of the trees.
6) The remains of the sea animals as well are preserved because of salty water.
Fossils Shark Teeth Snorkeling Recognition Book
The Black Watercourse Scuba Snorkeling Book To Recognition Of Fossils Shark Tooth, Fossils & Ancient Men Lance Tips. Book Is a Thirty Nine Pages Down-loadable, Printable PDF Report. The Contents Are Jam-packed With Knowledge & Color Pictures…Click Here For Details