Dinosaur, the prehistoric animal, has unique facts.
Dinosaur is an ancient animal that lived millions years ago. The newest research resulted that dinosaurs were extinct after a giant meteorite hit the earth.
So far, there are 700 different species of dinosaurs have been identified and named. However the paleontologists believe that there are many more new and different species will be found. So many researches about dinosaurs have been done. And so many facts about prehistoric animals were found.
According to The Telegraph, there are 9 interesting facts about dinosaurs. The interesting facts are:
- The heaviest dinosaur is Brachiosaurus. It is 80 ton or same with 17 African elephants. Brachiosaurus has 16 meters in height and 26 meters in length. Brachiosaurus’ skeleton is the biggest skeleton that displayed in museum.
- The smallest dinosaur is the little bird-hipped, an herbivore like Lesothosaurus. Its size is same with a chicken.
- The smallest egg of dinosaur that ever was found is only 3 cm
- The most intelligent dinosaur is Troodon. Troodon hunted other dinosaur. Its brain is as big as bird or mammals right now. It is 2 meters in length. Troodon has arms to hold
- The dumbest dinosaur is Stegosaurus. Its brain is as big as walnut. Brain of Stegosaurus has 3 meters in length and 75 grams in weight
- The tallest dinosaur is group of Brachiosaurid from Sauropoda. Their front legs are longer than their back legs, so their attitudes look like giraffe. Moreover their neck are very long. In this group, Brachiosaurus is the most famous. Brachiosaurus’ high can achieve 13 meters. Whereas the kind of Sauroposeidon can achieve 18.5 meters
- The faster sprinter is Dromiceiomimus. It could run speed by 60 km/hour
- The oldest dinosaur was found in Madagascar. It’s 230 million years old. It have not had name
- The dinosaur with the longest name is Micropachycephalosaurus (tiny thick-headed lizard). It was found in China.
(Images from Google)