This is a list of some of the top interesting facts about the scientist Marie Curie. I hope you enjoy the list!
15. Maria Sklodowska, was born in Warsaw on November 7, 1867.
14. She received a general education in local schools and some scientific training from her father.
13. Discovered the elements, radium and polonium.
12. Marie Curie died of leukemia brought on by her prolonged exposure to radioactivity. The notebooks she used are still radioactive.
11. Polish-born French physicist famous for her work on radioactivity.
10. Marie Curie became the first woman to win a Nobel Prize and the only woman to win the award in two different fields (physics and chemistry).
9. Her discovery and knowledge of radium was a key to a basic change in our understanding of matter and energy.
8. In 1932 Marie Curie founded the ‘Radium Institute’ in Warsaw, Poland. which was changed after World War II to the ‘Maria Skłodowska-Curie Institute of Oncology’.
7. Marie Curie fainted from hunger because she was so wrapped up in her studies
6. One of her daughters became a pianist and the other one, Irene, won a nobel prize in physics.
Do you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.
5. Was the first women to be accepted into the Sorbonne University, in Paris.
4. Received a total of 19 degrees.
3. Died on July 4, 1934 in Haute Savoie.
2. At the age of 16 she won a gold medal on completion of her secondary education at the Russian lycée.
1. Held in high esteem and admiration by scientists throughout the world.
Did you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.