Ten Most Powerful poisons known to man.
These are are the 10 most poisonous substances.
- Botulinum toxin, ingested. The nervous system fails completely and you die from terrible pain. Curiously used in small doses in beauty treatments under the name of botox.
- Ricin, ingested or inhaled. Death from respiratory failure and your internal organs.
- Anthrax, inhalation. You can die from contact with your skin, but the worst is when you inhale: it begins with a flu that will not heal and ends when your respiratory system collapses. You drown without water.
- Sarin, inhaled. Originally designed as a pesticide, just breathe a little and your mouth is full of foam, you fall into a coma and die.
- Tretrodotoxin, ingested. Known to be in fugu japanese fish. Paralysis and death in less than six hours. They serve extremely small amounts with the fish as a delicacy, people who eat it have their tongue go numb for a few hours, if the chef is lousy, you die.
- Cyanide, ingested or inhaled. Exists in many forms in nature and is very easy to manufacture. Attacks, heart failure and death within minutes.
- Mercury is inhaled. Its vapor attacks the brain, ending with the central nervous system and lungs.
- Strychnine, ingested or inhaled. Another pesticide that is not to be particularly toxic, but causes a pretty horrible death by making all your muscles suffer violent convulsions until they die from exhaustion.
- Amatoxins, ingested. Present in certain mushrooms, they destroy your kidneys and liver in a matter of days so painful, and you are conscious during most of the process until you go into a coma and die.
- Compound 1080, ingested or inhaled. Another pesticide, odorless, tasteless, water soluble, blocks cellular metabolism, causing a quick but painful death.