An article about how to get good grades in chemistry.
have you ever wondered why some people really excel at things or subjects that are seemed so difficult? the answer my friend is PRACTICE. they’re not just some weirdo that at one look they’re good to know a specific differential calculations in physical chemistry, or just by browsing a book at one glace and its imprinted on their freak minds! No my friends, there’s got to be a step wise way to achieving our goals or learning chemistry. here are some tips that I can give you and absolutely your understanding will boost to the extent that your grades will be A!!!! well just follow my tips STRICTLY!
1. know your teacher in chemistry. not make super friends or what, but know his strategies on types of exams like maybe he likes all problem solving, or multiple choice or he only wants true or false, at least you know what is your enemy’s weapon. also learn how he lectures, he might like presentations or pure blackboard, or maybe he liked you to do his job like reporting.
2. manage your time. if you are an outgoing party person, at least spend your time wisely and have your time balanced in academe and in partying. if your a “genius type” libraries are your comfort places but don’t forget to socialize with peers. at least give time to studying as well as relaxing because a tired mind cant learn anything.
3. study at your strongest. know your self better. what time is your effective time to read those pile of books? or do a mile of calculations? some students can focus on late at night, or at dawn where its so quiet. some also can study when there’s a stereo on or TV. just know your self better.
4. you should try to take breaks such as doing some exercise or just relax. do not worry you will not forget everything you were just starting to learn.
5. eat healthy foods. caffeine is good for memory because it contains antioxidants but too much caffeine is not good. eat tuna, green leafy veggies, as well as nuts, oats and fresh fruits.
6. chemistry is not that easy subject. We learn best by visualization and we must repeatedly write down the things that we are learning until they are firmly in our minds. Use flash cards to learn important facts and tools. The most effective way to use flash cards is to write down the answer…carefully check your answer and if it is wrong…cross it out and write down the correct answer. Flash cards do not take the place of understanding…they merely provide us with a time effective means to learn the language and tools we need in order to understand.
7. in taking tests Be on time or slightly early for the test…do not arrive really early because it will make you more nervous listening to the other students talk.Whatever you do, do not talk to other students in the class. This is one of the most serious causes of panic because they tend to ask you if you understand some topic which may or may not be important but will make you nervous non the less. Do not cram at the last minute…take a relaxing walk instead. It is important that you keep everything in perspective. Assuming there are several tests, no single test will completely determine your grade. No single passing course grade will ever determine your chances for the career of your choice. The secret of success in all endeavors is focus and intensity!