CNC Machining is an abbreviation for computer numerically controlled machining.
In simple words, it is a computer system connected to a machine that holds different types of metal cutting tools. It is a form of milling technique used specifically to design a program on a computer using cad tools. IT works on language commands of automatically programmed tools (APT). This tool is used to determine the movement for drill and table.
This is the most efficient and integrated way of manufacturing good quality metal widgets. The use of milling technique makes the entire manufacturing process quick and even. The material that can be structured in using CNC technology includes:
- Aluminum Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Plasticized Woods
- In the first step, the blueprint of the design is reviewed by professionals that is to be machined on the metals. This step also involves design of processing flow of raw materials to finished product.
- Determine the fixtures / metals that are to be machined for manufacturing. During this period, the computer translates the design into instructions given for the movement of drill and the table.
- The next step is to schedule the run time for a CNC machine. Also, assign the movement structure for the tool. It can move in any direction, angle, when the table moves the part laterally. However, some complex parts may need manual rotation from time to time.
- It is necessary to conduct a test run first and then conduct quality inspection to ensure good quality manufacturing. Once you are satisfied with the results, perform a final run and conduct a final quality inspection before making the shipment.
Benefits of CNC Machining
- The major benefit of using this technique is that it powers down the cost of productions and manufacturing. The machine needs to be set up once and is capable to perform repeated actions, eliminating the hassles of training and development. Moreover, it ensures accuracy and requires minimal machinist level intervention.
- Since the data and instructions are fed only one time giving repeated production, the need for regular supervision is also eliminated. This technique provides high level of accuracy and consistency in the designing structure of metals manufactured.
- Use of milling technique facilitates fast rate of manufacturing and consistency in the designs of finished goods. Once started, it really doesn’t pay to stop.
- The manufacturer does not have to make additional expenses for hiring professional designers and software engineers. It facilitates a fast setup that ensures increased production which makes the rapid delivery process possible.
- The level of output in CNC China is 5 times greater than any other technology used for the same process.
- The internal memory of CNC Machining Prototype is capable of storing multiple copies, similar objects for repeated actions. Hence, needs fewer man-hours on an average.