Did you think you could learn so much about this mooing creature?
So then I have found some interesting facts about the animal called the Cow. So then this is about the average cow you see in the fields grazing on some grass so here it is:
- Even though two Holstein cows look the same, every cow has different looking spots.
- Old cows in India actually have nursing homes!
- Cows actually have almost a 360 degree panoramic view which they view in colour!
- In a lifetime a Dairy cow can supply 200,000 glasses of milk.
- A cow typically weighs about 1400lbs.
- The average cow produces 30lbs of urine and 65lbs pounds of faeces daily.
- A 1000 pound cow produces an average 10 TONS of manure every year!
- A cow doesn’t actually bite grass but instead it feeds by curling the tongue round the grass.
- If the direction of the wind is right it means that cows are able to smell scents from 5 miles away!
- The age of a cow is always based on her age when she calves. This varies with different breeds. In other words, the record doesn’t begin until you’ve had a calf, if you’re a cow.
- A cow can live till it’s about 25 years old! (That’s 1/3 of the age of the expected life of humans)
- It takes about 1.5 gallons of milk to produce 1 gallon of ice-cream.
- A 1000lbs cow can produce on average 10 TONS of manure every year!
- A cow stands up and sits down about 14 times a day.
Now to the Records for Bovine Cows
- The oldest cow ever recorded was called “Big Bertha” that died just 3 months before here 49th birthday on New Years Eve, 1993.
- “Big Bertha” also holds the record for number of calves bred and that is 39!
- The heaviest live birth of a calf is 225 lbs for a British Friesian cow in 1961.
- Dairy cows can produce up to 200 lbs of flatus (farts and burps) a day!
- I hope you have enjoyed this these facts as much as I did.