If you thought flowers are beautiful, well think again. There are those flowers nobody would want to receive as a gift, male or female, birthday or death-day. They are the ugliest flowers in the world.
You probably think women love flowers for their beauty and freshness. Well, think again. Not all flowers are beautiful. Some are so ugly that you would break up with any man or woman who presents them to you as a present on Valentine’s Day. Here are probably the world’s ugliest flowers but they are still just that flowers!
- Rafflesia – This is one of those flowers that would make your girlfriend fail to talk to you for a whole month. Instead of appreciating with a hug, she could probably walk away in tears after seeing it in your rough hands. It is mainly found in Malaysia.
- Monkey cup pitcher flower – It is not only ugly but insectivorous as well. It traps and feeds on insects and that is what it could do to the love your girlfriend has for you. It is just not the thing you present to anybody, period!
- Amorphophallus – Everything from the name to the shape and even the color is just ugly. How can a flower have such a name? Well, the name suggests the obvious but that does not make it worth so much. Just look at this.
- Water hemlock – This is not only ugly but dangerously poisonous too. It is found in the whole of North America from Canada to Mexico. The flower contains a potent poison known as cicutoxin whose consumption leads to nausea, vomiting, and tremors followed by severe cramps and convulsions.
- Birthworts – This is a group of flowering plants that do not look like flowers at all. They are also damn ugly and dangerous too even though medically it has antihelmintic property.