Biology is the science area, so it is divided into branches based on the objects it studies. To simplify, the study of biology can be divided into several levels, namely the study of molecules, cells, organisms, and populations. Molecular biology is the basis for development.
Biology is the science area, so it is divided into branches based on the objects it studies. To simplify, the study of biology can be divided into several levels, namely the study of molecules, cells, organisms, and populations. Molecular biology is the basis for development. Thanks to his services, we can understand the structure and function of the body such as molekulmolekul constituent of nucleic acids and proteins, including mechanisms of inheritance in all living things.
Another important service is the knowledge of the metabolic processes so that we can understand how energy is produced and used in living systems. Cell biology is closely related to molecular biology. Cells are the basic unit of life, to study the structure and function of cells, biologists studying the components of the cell at the molecular level. Cell biology is an important study because the functions of life in multicellular organisms is a manifestation of the growth, activity, and cell interactions. Understanding of cell biology is required to study other sciences such as physiology, developmental biology, neurophysiology, cytogenetic, etiology, and so forth.
Studying the biology of the organisms living species in all aspects of life. Biological objects are studied at the organism level is increasing, so that developing disciplines in depth study of certain organisms. An example is the ornithologist (study of birds), iktiologi (study of fish), herpetology (study of amphibians and reptiles), protozoologi (one animal study cell / protozoan), mycology (study of fungi), entomology (study of insects), physical anthropology (human study) , and so forth.
The role of organisms in the environment is also an especial concern for biologists, so it appears the branches of science such as ecology, marine biology, population biology, population genetics, biology, aquatic plants, aquatic animal biology, evolution, sociobiology, and so forth. And when human activities cause pollution that affects all aspects of life, developing a new branch of the environmental pollution.
Today there is a new tendency to narrow field of study yet studied in depth. As an example of cell biology is developing several branches of science such as sitotaksonomi, cytogenetic, cell physiology, cytochemical, cytopathology, and sitoekologi. Did not rule out the branch of biology that is still widespread as biophysics, biochemistry, genetics, and ecology will evolve into a more narrow study of science.
A. Botany: Plants in all its aspects.
2. Zoology: Animals with every aspect of life.
3. Anatomy: the body’s internal structure of living things.
4. Morphology: The structure of living outside.
5. Cytology: Structure and function of cells.
6. Embryology: Development of the embryo.
7. Physiology: the work function of the body components.
8. Genetics: Genetic and substance of heredity.
9. Microbiology: The life of microorganisms.
10. Mycology: Fungi and their role in life.
11. Paleontology: fossils and their relationship to the earth’s history.
12. Ecology: a reciprocal relationship between living things and their environment.
13. Taxonomy: Classification of living things to be taxon-taxon.
14. Evolution: The development of living things from simple to complex forms.
15. Virology: Viruses and the role of other living creatures.
16. Iktiologi: Fish and role for life.
17. Ornithology: Birds and their role for life.
18. Histology: Structure and function of tissues.
19. Molecular Biology: Structure and function of the molecule / compound making up the lives and interactions.
20. Population biology: Interactions between plant and animal populations to their environment.