Reptiles and Amphibians are always creepy and scary and they are, as there are reptiles and amphibians who are extremely venomous who can easily kill you by its venom. So I have listed a list of the most poisonous and venomous reptiles and amphibians from whom you should be really away from.
So here goes the list of the most venomous reptiles and amphibians who are really dangerous: (The Fatal Amount mentioned below in mg is excluding bacteria)
1. Indian Cobra – Indian Cobra has the Peak V toxin with the fatal amount of 0.009 mg, making it the most venomous reptile in the world. Indian Cobras are widely found in India, and in some neighbouring countries too.
2. Mamba – Mamba has Toxin 1 in its venom with the fatal amount of 0.02 mg. The Black Mamba is the most popular snake of this type.
3.Brown Snake - The third one in this list is also a snake like the ones above. The Brown Snake has Texilotoxin in its venom with 0.05 fatak amount in its venom.
4.Inland taipan - It is the 4th one in this list. Inland taipan has Paradotoxin in its venom with 0.10 mg fatal amount.
4. Mamba – This one too is the fourth one, which has Dendrotoxin in its venom unlike the above one which has Toxin 1, with the fatal amount of 0.10 mg.
6.Taipan – which has Taipoxin venom has the fatal amount in its venom 0.11mg poison.
7. Indian Cobra – This one has Peak X in its venom with the fatal amount in its venom of 0.12 mg. This Indian Cobra is not as poisonous as the Indian Cobra with Peak V in its venom.
7.Poison Arrow Frog – This one too is as venomous as the Indian Cobra with Peak X venom. Do not think frogs are not dangerous like snakes as the Poison Arrow Frog has Batrachotoxin in its venom which has a fatal amount of 0.12 mg.
9. Indian Cobra – The ninth one is also another Indian Cobra which has Peak 1X in its poisonous Venom, with a fatal amount of 0.17 in its venom.
10. Krait - The Krait has Bungarotoxin in its venom with a fatal amount of 0.50 mg.
The venom of these creatures us almost unbelievably powerful:
1 Mg (the approximate weight of a banknote) of Mamba Toxin 1 would be sufficient to kill 50 people. Other than reptiles, such creatures as scorpions (0.5 mg), and the Black Widow Spiders (1.0 mg) fall just outside the Top 10. Were bacteria included, 12 kg of the deadly Botulinus Toxin A (fatal dose just 0.000002 mg) would easily kill the entire population of the world. Even deadly poisons such as strychnine (35 mg) and cyanide (700 mg) seems relatively innocuous in comparision.
You may also check: