Having too much of pride is generally self destructive. However, it is good to have pride in the following cases.
- Without pride, ego will not survive. Lack of ego would make the person feel unworthy and make their self-image swing like an air-less balloon. The person without ego is as good as a dead log of wood. Some amount of pride is necessary.
- The person who is not proud of their own parents would create so much trouble in the family and will not take pride in being good parents.
- The individual lacking pride about their country can never be a patriot. The pride causes good feelings towards one’s nation and motivates people to work for its prosperity, even by putting their own personal goals behind.
- Only those students who take pride in studying well and respecting the need of education can go places easily, as compared to those who do it just for the sake of filling some alphabets behind their names.
- When the employee does not take pride in their work, what will be the output quality in whatever they do? The conviction will be lacking and this would translate into poor quality automatically.
- Lack of pride is the mother of lack of ownership. Until and unless one owns their work or responsibilities, they would not be good citizens or employees or even good human beings.
- Without pride in their hearts, the officers in uniform would not be able to perform their duties for their countries by putting their lives in danger, for the sake of saving millions of people, most of who are strangers to these people in nation’s duties.
- The predators that go out on hunting trips without the pride that they are greater than their prey will return with empty hands and guts. Pride provides confidence which in turn provides food!
- Without the pride that they are better than their predators, the prey species would succumb to even the futile attacks and get their species into the museums without any roaming live members.
- Unless the flies, birds and bats are proud of their specialized appendages called as wings, they would not be confident enough to jump into thin air with the humongous trust that they would be lifted by these structures which will not allow them to have a freefall to death.
Be proud of whatever you are as an individual. Pride for the sake of pride is perilous. However, taking pride of one’s true achievement can be inspiring, only if they can forget the achievements and continue their pursuit to achieve more.