Random facts about clams.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Mollusca
- Class: Bivalivia
- Order: Myoida
- Family: Myidae
- Genus: Myalina
- Species: Genus
Clams have opened circulatory systems, incomplete digestive systems, very simple nervous systems and clams do not have a respiratory system.
- Clams do not have a head, mouth, legs, or arms.
- Clams are made of a pair of shells and a soft inner body.
- Clams are herbivores.
- Clams have no eyes, ears, or noses, which means they can’t hear, see, or smell.
- Giant clams can live up to more than 100 years.
- Clams feed year-round, but they feed less in the winter because they need less energy.
Clams are very similar to Oysters. They both belong to the Mollusc class and are Bivalves. But, Clams are usually found in freshwaters while oysters are found in brackish or marine habitats.