Ten things you should know about sharks.
1. Sharks usually live in mostly warm oceans or seas. They are a type of fish, but they are also the most fearsome. There is around 375 different species.
2. Most fish have bony skeletons, but the shark’s skeleton is made of rubbery cartilage.
3. The whale shark is the world’s biggest fish at over 12 meters long. The whale shark and the basking shark (9 meters) are different from most other sharks. They eat plankton and are completely harmless.
4. A shark’s teeth are it’s main weapon which can bite through plate steel!
5. Sharks put so much strain on their teeth that they usually have 3 or 4 rows of teeth in reserve.
6. Nurse sharks grow a new set of teeth every 8 days!
7. Only about 20 people die a year from shark attacks. Bet you didn’t know that one
8. The Great White Shark kills more people than any other shark.
9. Hammerhead sharks are also dangerous. They have eyes and nostrils at the end of their T-Shaped head.
10. The biggest meat-eating sharks is the Great White. It can grow to over 7 meters in length.
There are many more facts about sharks, but I collected only 10 of them. If you want more information, google it or go to http://www.wikipedia.org and type in “Sharks”.