Make your bubbles last longer by turning them into ice.
What You’ll Need:
- Soap powder
- Hot water
- Spoon for mixing
- Bubble wand (you can typically buy these in toy shops or even newsagents in a children’s bubble kit).
- This is an activity for a cold, cold (below freezing) day when there is no wind in the air. So make sure to wrap up warm.
- Start by making a strong bubble solution. Mix 1/2 cup soap powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 cups hot water. (This mixture will help the bubbles last longer.)
- Take the bubble solution and a bubble wand outside. Blow a bubble, and catch it on the wand very carefully to prevent it from bursting.
- Let the bubble sit resting on the wand in the cold air. In the below-freezing chill, the bubble will soon freeze into a fragile crystal ball.