Let us have at some amazing facts about skin and skin color that most of us don’t know about.
Image via Wikipedia
As a part of health precautions and cautions people tend to go through articles such as how to combat blackheads and get rid of them and that is justified fairly as skin is a prominent part of appearance. But let us have at some amazing facts about skin and skin color that most of us don’t know about:
- It is a common belief about having a skin white like a snow and very black like a coal but not our skin but its outer layer known as epidermis has the pigments that add color to our skin.
- Melanin pigment is responsible for making the skin color dark or light in nature and is found as brown or yellow pigments.
- People who appear black has more amount of brown pigments and less amount of yellow pigments while people who appear white has less amount of brown and yellow pigments.
- Weight of the skin in an adult is around 6 pounds and that is about twice than the weight of your brain.
- During the early days on earth the skin pigments adjusted itself according to the climate and so black skin color was to protect from hot climate while the white color was to acquire vitamin D from sun to live in cold climates. The same color was passed from generations to generations and is appearing as white, black and wheatish in the current generation.
Science of the skin is not going to stop here and there are tips for healthy skin and bunch of skin care materials available in the market.
Other interesting articles: