Here are some ways to protect our large ecosystems.
1. Cut only mature and old trees in the forest so that younger trees will have a chance to grow.
2. Plant trees again on forest lands that have been cleared so that there will be homes for plants and animals.
3. Do not disturb animals. Do not step on growing plants.
4. Give animals and plants a chance to live and interact in their natural habitat.
5. Avoid picking flowers in parks and other places. Learn to obey signs.
6. Do not throw litter in bodies of water. Take your litter home. Do not throw garbage in esterns and rivers. Avoid throwing plastic wrappers just anywhere. These may clog the drainage system.
7. Report to authorities those who violate government laws on logging and fishing.
8. Support community activities intended to prevent the occurrence of floods. Help clean the neighborhood. Cooperate with your neighbors in a “clean and green” drive.
Photo Courtesy of wellsphere.com