Carbon footprints pose a great danger to our environment? How to reduce carbon footprints? To reduce, avoid plastic, use bamboo, avoid leather furniture, go for organic food. To know more ways, read here.
We saw the first part of carbon footprints “Leave Only Footprints and Not Carbon Footprints (Part 1)” yesterday. You might have read the second part “Leave Only Footprints and Not Carbon Footprints (Part 2)” that dealt with some of the ways to reduce carbon footprints.
Image via Wikipedia
How about knowing few more ways to reduce carbon footprints? Read them:
1. If you have the habit of growing plants in your balcony, try growing Bamboo. You may also grow other plants and trees. These help by absorbing some amount of carbon dioxide (CO2).
Image by secretbase
2. Do you have the habit of visiting the grocery frequently? Make a list of items you would require for a particular week, go to the grocery, buy them and come home. Don’t make too many visits. This will not only save money and time but also reduces carbon footprints.
3. Avoid using plastic items whenever you can.
Image via sierraclub
4. Go for organic foods. When fertilizers are used, they churn out or emit greenhouse gases that again increase carbon footprints and global warming.
Image via economistmom
5. Whenever you go shopping, try taking a jute or cloth bag with you. Use plastic bags and/or items sparingly.
Image via imghost
6. When you wish to get furniture to your house, avoid getting furniture made of leather or other synthetic materials.
Image via mastergardenproducts
7. Go for food items produced in your country rather using imported goods. When goods are imported from one country to the other, large amounts of carbon footprints are left during their transit.
Let us make a sincere effort to reduce carbon footprint and global warming and make our planet Earth, a place to live for our future generation.
Let us all join hands in this mission of saving our beautiful planet Earth.