13 things you didn’t know about the closest star to earth.
Before you finish this article you may be interested in 13 Fun Facts about:
1. The nearest star to the sun is located 4.3 light years from it.
2. The sun is 149.6 million km from earth.
3. The sun is 1.4 million km wide.
4. It mass is nearly 330,000 times that of earth.
5. The surface brightness of the sun is 398,000 times the brightness of a full moon.
6. It contains approximately 98% of the Solar Systems total mass.
7. At its core, the sun’s temperature is approximately 15,000,000 degrees Celsius.
8. The sun is believed to have been active for approximately 4.6 billion years.
9. It is estimated that the sun has another 5 billion years of existence, before it burns out.
10. The sun is made up of 92.1% Hydrogen.
11. Every second, the sun converts 700 million tons of hydrogen into helium ashes.
12. The sun rotates every 25-36 days.
13. The sun is the closest star to earth.
See more fun facts: